Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fabulous Fashion Boutique

If you are not familiar with Fancy Nancy and have a little girl I suggest you check out the a few of the books from the library. They are fabulous!!

Anyway, this weekend was yucky. The weather was awful and Allison was really bored. So being the genius, creative mommy I am, I made a Fabulous Fashion Boutique just for her. I took all her princess clothes and hung them on a rack just her size. Then I laid out some costume jewelry and shoes. Topped it off with a few hats and boas and Ta Da!!! a Boutique.


I also hung a sheet in the corner of the room for a dressing room so she had a place to "change" outfits. Of course it was never actually used that way. She would grab a dress and tell me "follow me to the dressing room" over and over and over again. If you have read Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique then you know where this came from.

I know when Scotty gets older he will not stand for playing fashion boutique so I have been trying to come up with some ideas for them to play together. Luckily I have a year before he realises what is going on.


And to leave you with...here is a picture of Allison the Ballerina. She designed the outfit herself, no help from mommy (she even put the shoes on herself). I believe we have a fashionista on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment