Thursday, November 29, 2012

Paper Bunting and Subway Art




Here is my cute paper bunting I made for the holiday season. I bought a scrap pack from Oriental Trading Company and decided that this would make a great project for the scrap pieces. I have this obsession with making these since I saw a few on Pintrest and they are so easy to make.
I might even add a tutorial son making this stuff, no sewing required. Just glue, scissors and paper.


Here is a close up. I recently purchased a Sizzix off Craigslist. It really did a great job at cutting the pieces out. I usually use my Cricut but it pissed me off while making some cards and I have put it in the closet for a while. Or until I forgive it for making me so darned mad.
Below is my Autumn bunting. It is my favorite so far. I love the colors and the font I used is really whimsical and adds some fun to it.

OK, as far as subway art goes I really wasn't a fan until Thanksgiving. We were at our families home when Aunt Helen pulled out a framed picture her daughter had given her. It was subway art of Christmas words.I fell in love.
That night I went on to (can you guess??) Pintrest and found some free printable subway art from eighteen25. I sent it over to Costco and had them blow it up to 16x20 which cost around $7, it turned out beautiful. They have many more I will be printing and framing.


As far as the framing goes I haven't made it out to the craft store. So I painted a cork board I had in my office and used brass tacks to secure it. I didn't go through the paper though, since I will frame it at some point. I just secured the edges with the side of the tack and pushed the pin into the board. I might go all the way around - just haven't decided.

So what are your holiday decorations? Do ya'll like subway art and paper bunting? Did you make any Christmas decorations this year?

Let me know, I would love to share them!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment