Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010

Allison dyed her first Easter eggs. It was much cleaner than I thought. I mixed everything before hand and gave her the eggs to drop in the cups. 2 to a cup. The first eggs she placed in very gently, then next ones were thrown in so each one splashed and cracked. We had the most colorful creamed eggs for brunch.

Easter was fun. I fell asleep on the couch the night before so I forgot to hide the eggs...oops. We heard Allison in the morning and that was our que to get out of bed and hide the eggs and put the basket out. I ran to the car to get the rest of Allison's Easter baskets and by the time I got back she had unwrapped 3 pieces of candy and had eaten half of each one.
While I was getting stuff ready for breakfast, I turned around and she had stuffed both cheeks full of jelly beans. Suffice it to say, everything was bagged and put in the freezer. No more candy until Halloween.


We had brunch with my parents and Gloria. I fixed creamed eggs on english muffins, fresh strawberries, ham and my Dad made a crumb cake with about an inch of crumb, which I love the most about crumb cake. Our usual Easter breakfast/brunch. It rained all day so we built a fire and relaxed the rest of the afternoon.

Allison snuck a few more snacks and ended up falling asleep pretty early. It was a nice Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment