Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Re-purposing Receiving Blankets

I have saved all those receiving blankets for three years now. It was time to put them to good use. I was thinking of making a quilt for Allison as a keepsake of her baby years then I realized she probably wouldn't want that kind of thing. No one I know wants any of their old baby things, school stuff or really anything that reminds them of those dreaded years of awkwardly becoming the person they are today.
Anyway, I don't have any extra cash and I am redecorating the master room so I decided to sew pillow cases!! I had three pink gingham blankets, two matching flowery ones and a solid pink one. I mixed and matched making 2 with gingham on one side and flowery print on the other and another that is pink gingham and solid pink. I can never really decided how I want the bedding to look so it is nice to have a few different options. Just flip the pillow over for a new look...love it!
Here is a picture I just took with the soft light of the antique desk lamp on. The picture is crap but like I said I'm broke so no new camera for me, yet. At least you get the idea.
Oh, and the pillow in the center of is cased in a crib sheet that I have yet to sew but that will be my next project. In the meantime I will just wrap it in the cut up fabric since it is just for decoration.

I will post a better picture in the daylight and better detailing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment