Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

I am so excited for Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving I decorated the house, wrapped all the presents and I sent out all my Christmas cards today.
I love this time of year. All the family and friends visiting, the food, the liberal pouring of spirits and eggnog (which I love), the cookies and candies that I make every year, the holiday dinners, the time off from work, the cold weather, the warm fires.
Nothing could be better. I plan on thoroughly enjoying every minute of this holiday season and count my blessings that I have such a wonderful family and such great friends to spend this time of year with.

Now I would like to share with you some of the wonderful holiday things we have been doing.
Allison is now old enough to actually sit down and watch 5 minutes of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and another 5 lying on the floor doing some pilates moves, if only mama could be that motivated.




Allison also helped me with wrapping some presents. If you have never done this with a toddler I suggest you never do. Unless you want smashed boxes, ribbon every where, some little one stealing the scissors and trying to run away with them (I think she tried this about 100 times), hiding the tape under her bum right when you need it the most and she doesn't understand "honey could you get me the tape" , drawing with permanent marker on a chubby leg which by the way wasn't mine and about a million and one little things that seemed like a good idea to her but made it such a mess for me. It was fun and really got me into the Christmas spirit.




I also moved furniture around and got a new table out of storage. Allison can now sit right at the table with us and enjoy the adult conversations and laughter. And she really likes it.



And one last note here, my little rockstar gymnast dancing singer is such a ham. Posing for the camera at 16 months is just about the cutest thing in the world, especially when she wants to look at the pictures of herself everytime she sees a flash.



I hope you all have a great day and are having as much fun as I am gettin Christmas stuff ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment