Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mother's Group


I have joined a local Mother's group and so far it is great. $30 a year is not a bad deal for all the stuff they offer. I am glad I did it, not only for Allison but for me too.
I am really stepping out of my comfort zone here and trying to keep cool while I email other moms to set up play dates and activities and hope they don't think I am weird when I put parenthesis around (my daughter) because they can't figure out that Allison is my daughter, right? I have to make it clear.
DON'T WORRY MOMS I AM NOT WEIRD, well not really weird, maybe a little.
Anyway, I am waiting to hear back from one mom so Allison and her son can get together for a date. She's only one and I have her going on a date, what are moms for, huh?
I hope it works out and I don't blow it and get too nervous and drop out. I don't want to become a Mother's Group flunky. I keep reminding myself that it is for Allison and it is for fun and I am not trying to impress anyone. But I have a lingering question in the back of my mind...Should I get my hair done before I go to play group because you know how one year olds can be so judgemental.

Mom, what did you do to your hair??

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment