Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mommy Daughter Day at Fort Allison


Today feels just like an Autumn day. Cloudy, windy, chilly. Perfect weather when you are 9 months pregnant.

Allison & I have been busy all morning doing everything she wanted. Kind of having a Mommy/Daughter day since 2 weeks from tomorrow brother will be born.

First we watched "Toe Wipe & the 7 Dwarbs" (allison speak). I folded laundry but was sitting right beside her for the scary parts.

Then had a fancy tea party. She dressed in her Snow White skirt, I got out the glass tea set and laid out a tablecloth. She served us "hot" tea with cream and sugar. It was really fun pretending to have a fancy tea party...must do it again.

Then we danced around to her song "Allison" by Scapegoat Wax. She even called out her name a few times. She is so precious.

After that we built a fort in her room.

Since her crib is now a toddler bed, I draped a sheet over the top and made it into a fort. Can you say super excited

...she loved it, stuffed every bit of bedding from her big girl bed into the fort and proceeded to belly flop into it, that is, until she bumped her head.
She then calmed down and climbed in and out.



We had such a busy morning that she is now napping in her fort and I will soon be joining her right here on the couch. Hips and pubic bone are aching and I need some rest.
Doing all my normal activities without the range of motion and all this extra weight makes me tired...and did I mention that he will be here in like 2 WEEKS, need to sleep while I can.



Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment