Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Baking - Peanut Butter Bread

Baking goodies and breads from scratch is one of 30 things to do this year. Last weekend I made a very delicious and easy white loaf bread. It was gone before I could even find the camera.
Today I decided to bake a loaf of quick bread. Since I have a few large jars of peanut butter left over from holiday baking I wanted to use up I chose to make Peanut Butter Bread from Quick Cooking magazine.

picture courtesy of Taste of Home website

It is in the oven right now and the house smells so yummy. I plan on serving some as a snack, later this afternoon, with jelly. I will probably toast some tomorrow and serve with honey and if there is any left over for a third day I will make some french toast. Since this bread is so easy I will probably make it regularly.

And I will certainly add it to my list of homemade hostess gifts (another one of the 30 things to do this year). A loaf of this with some homemade jam would be a wonderful heartfelt present.

Here is the finished product...

isn't the cutting board beautiful, Scott had it made for me for Christmas. I love it!!!
Enjoy your afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment