Monday, April 6, 2009

Count Down to 5k

Well I have decided to do a 5k race in May, May 9th to be exact. I was insipred by one of the other blogs I read call Phit-N-Phat Making Fitness & Weight Loss a Lifestyle. I get really motivated by what she has to say and all her posts get me fired up to do something active and good for me and has inspired me to do a 5k walk. I have gotten the Fat Girl Thinking out of my head and decided to stop talking about a race and do a race even if I am just walking it (besides I get a t-shirt out of this...pretty good deal for walking 3 miles). I have decided to do the Alter Our World 5k for the Humane Society. There are a few things I have to find out before the race, like if Allison can go in her stroller or can I Moby her, and do I have to pay a fee even though she is only 9 months old.

Well Easter is almost here and I have a ton of stuff to prepare before all the Family gets here. I have to invite a few more people and shop and clean the house but there is plenty of time to do all that. I am also preparing for my sister to stay with us for the week. It should be fun. I have to plan a few activities but we are mostly going to do my usual routine and I don't think she will like that very much. She will have to wait and see when she gets here, what that entails.
Anyway I hope you all had a great day. It was 77 and beautiful, my seeds are sprouting and the garden is lookin good. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so no walk. I will keep you posted on the progress of the race for all interested. I have another post coming up soon that will be about losing baby weight and my struggle to do so, so stay tuned.
Here are a few pics of the one and only Allison, for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment