Friday, May 8, 2009

House Tour - Living Room

Well this Firday is the living room. I was very lucky to have Allison sleeping and enough energy to get these pictures taken before company arrived and before my husband came home...hahaha. They were taken on Monday when the house was clean.

Kind of a recap on my house, it was built in 1954 so the layout is, well you can see for yourself. We have done alot of work with new carpet, painting (we bought the house when we were 20 so we painted all the rooms "not apartment white"), new windows and blinds just to brighten it up in here. Everything was brown, the carpet, the wood was dark and there were floor length green curtains on the windows. We have finally made it the way we like it.

I hope you enjoy!
Here is our dining room which is attached to the living room well, there are actually the same room (sorry it is so dark)

1950's wood panel wall, very retro

Our well worn couch and IKEA lamp (one of my favorite things). We used to have a velvet painting above the couch but had to take it down due to content, if I can find a picture of it I will post it.

IKEA bookcases, they take up the whole wall in the dining room. I am a big reader.


Now on to some of my favorite things I like to show off in the living area

Patricia Cornwell and Irvine Welsh are 2 of my favorite authors, I keep there books on a designated shelf (all bookcases need to have a skull on them, right?)

My other favorite books are the vintage cookbooks I collect. The one I read like a book the most is the General Foods Kitchens Cookbook - I have read it at least 10 times.

Super Mario 2 mug, who can live without that, huh??

My manger set from Spain. It stays out year round.

And the final favorite thing is the Lords Prayer plate that hangs in the hallway. It has alot of meaning to me (it hung in my Husband's Grandma's house and it was the prayer that my Grandma taught me) and I like that it hangs where I can see it on a daily basis.

I hope you all enjoyed the tour of my living room.
Enjoy the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment