Monday, August 16, 2010

Making Memories


This weekend was full of surprises and happy memories. I even got all the things on my list for this weekend done, and I didn't vacuum once...hehehe.

On Saturday we had dinner over at Helen and Lance's house.

Scott's cousin got a job at the local brewery so he and his wife are moving back to Chico. It was a nice celebration.
Allison always has fun over there & absolutley loves Helen (maybe because she serves ice cream for dinner but, that's just my guess).

On Sunday I received an email from my older sister Tammy. I haven't seen her in almost a decade. She was in town and wanted to meet Allison and catch up . I was nervous about seeing her again since it has been so long but, I gave her a call and we had a nice visit.


When we pulled up and she got out of the truck, I almost lost it. She looks SO much like Holly, could be her twin. Even talking with her was like talking with Holly, mannerisms and life experiences.
We talked about Holly and the last time we talked to her & cried a little bit, Dad and our Moms, the places we live, family, Allison and the arrival of Scott jr., trying to fit a decade of life happenings into an hour or so is difficult, but I think it was a good start.
Allison had no problem warming up to Tammy.

Tammy & Allison

Holly & Allison
Maybe because of the resemblence.What do you think???
Either way it was nice for them to meet.

I am really glad that I had the chance to reconnect with her. I will not lose touch again.

I have to say it was a great weekend.
Did any of you have any surprises this weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment