Thursday, March 19, 2009

Being Greatful for the Things I Have

It has been beautiful here this whole week & we have been enjoying the weather and celebrating the coming of spring by wearing sun dresses and sun glasses, big sun hats and flip flops. We have been outside everyday pulling weeds, getting garden areas ready for spring planting, walking around the neighborhood looking at all the flowers in bloom and just loving life. While I have been loving life, I got to thinking about all that I am greatful for and thought I should give a shout out to all the things I am greatful for, so here goes.
1. my husband Scott, without him I could not be an at home with our daughter. He keeps a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and laughter in our hearts. He works hard to give me everything I want and need and spoils our daughter with love and praise. I love him, I couldn't do this without him.
2. Allison, our daughter, she is a handful but without her I would not be complete. There was a time in my life that I never wanted to have kids and noe I know that I was selfish and wrong. She is what life is all about and I love that. Given the oppertunity I would do it again in a heart beat. I love being her mom. It is the most rewarding thing I could ever ask for.
3. Family, without there support we would have a really tough time. They are loving, supportive and help us out when we need it. They give us guidence and will babysit when we need them to. They are wonderful and love their granddaughter with all their hearts.
4. There are a lot of petty things I am greatful for also, they don't seem like much but they are things I am glad we have. My 2 door Hyundai (paid off) it's crammped, no room for all of the baby stuff I have to hall around, but it gets us where we need to go. Freezy pops, without them Allison would be a nightmare (she is teething right now and the cold helps). Coffee with caffine, great pick me up, I haven't had caffine in years and recently started to drink coffee again - it is wonderful. My garden, growing your own food gives you a sense of well being. Baking cookies, relaxing and it's nice to give a loved one something yummy.
There are a lot more little things I am greatful for but it can go on and on.
What are some of the things you are greatful for? Write them down and keep adding to the list. It is so rewarding to look at it and know that these are constants in your life.
I am going to go enjoy the sunshine and give Allison a freezy pop out back.
Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment