Saturday, March 21, 2009

Where's Spring

We woke up this morning to sunshine and now it's cloudy & windy. What a drag, I wanted to go on a walk or a picnic or hike, something out in the warm sunshine. I was all ready to buy garden plants and work out there on Sunday. Oh well, we are all still lazing around in our jammies and it is soooo nice. Allison is napping and I have a pretty good caffine buzz going on, I think I will start planning my Easter menu and work on the baskets. Can't wait for Easter, my parents, sister and her boyfriend are coming up and Scott's mom is coming over so we will have a full house. I am already planning a meatball bar (meatballs stay heated in the crockpot, served with 2 different sauces and all kinds of toppings), antipasto, salad, veggie frittata, garlic bread, bruschetta and crostini. Think it will be enough? For dessert I am making apricot bars and I thought about making bishops bread.
I will be hiding some plastic eggs for Allison to find with the help of everyone. I just hope that the weather will be nice so I can set up the buffet outside so we can enjoy the sunshine and eachothers company and watch Allison play. Hopefully I will have the flowers planted and the garden cleaned up by then. Well I am off the check on the munchkin and to continue looking for more ideas for Easter.
Here are some pictures from yesterday, she had spaghetti for dinner last night and eating a freezy pop out on the patio (she really does take after her dad).
Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment