Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quick Recipe #1 - Burrito Skillet

Kraft Foods is one of my favorite websites for a quick meal idea. I usually have the stuff on hand and it doesn’t take long to prep there recipes. So in that thinking, I have resorted back to there site numerous times to find something good for dinner. Well the one thing I have made lots of times is the Burrito Skillet and I mean lots of times, like 2 - 3 times a week when Allison was first born. It tastes good, you can change the ingredients with what you have and leftovers are good. Now that she has gotten bigger I have expanded my cooking, but on those harried days I just thaw some turkey burger and make this yummy dish.

QUICK BURRITO SKILLET
1 lb. lean ground beef (I use ground turkey)
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can (19 oz.) kidney beans, drained, rinsed (any bean will do, I have used black and pinto)
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa (any salsa, I prefer hot)
1 cup water
4 flour tortillas (6 inch), cut into 1-1/2-inch squares (instead of tortillas I used crushed tortilla chips and serve extra on the side)
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese (I just use cheddar)
1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 1 large) (I also garnish with cilantro & extra salsa)

Make It

BROWN meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

ADD seasoning mix, beans, salsa and water; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min.

STIR in tortillas; top with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment